Friday, March 13, 2015

Time To Start Blogging Again

Life has dealt some crazy turns lately. Some huge changes have come about and there is one that I am super excited about. Starting next Fall, I will be teaching all of the preschool classes at Jenni's Wilde4Learning Preschool. I have missed teaching the last 2 years and feel like I am ready to take on this wonderful opportunity. Jenni is going to take a few years to really focus on her family and kids. She has 6 wonderful kids to focus on and she feels like she is missing out with Kate and Kinnadi being so little still.

More news, Dalene will be coming back to Nephi to try and rehabilitate after her last stroke on March 3. This story actually began on Christmas Eve when she did a little jump/fall out of Elisa's van and broke both of her legs just below her knee caps. She moved down here to Nephi to rehabilitate at Red Cliffs Assisted Living. She was there for about a month and a half. As soon as she was able to transfer and bear weight, she came to live with us because money is an issue and I was concerned for her mental well-being. I provided all of her care and took her to physical therapy at the hospital twice a week. It was just at the end of her therapy appointment as she was trying to get settled on a big bench so she could put some ice on her knees that she became hysterical saying that she was having a stroke. An aide ran across the hallway to get my dad. He took a quick look at her and off we went to the ER. Dr. Marc Jones was on call. He ordered a few labs and had a CT scan done. He then video conferenced with a doctor at the University of Utah. About 15 minutes later we were on our way to University Hospital. I was able to ride in the ambulance with her. I hope that is my one and only ambulance ride ever. It was then confirmed that she had a stroke and that it had done some serious damage to her body. She is unable to move much of her left side. Since the stroke she can move her thumb and fingers a bit but there is nothing in her leg. I can't imagine how frustrated she is, but I am frustrated for her, because she was nearly back to walking without even a walker. She is to be transferred to Heritage Hills Care Center tomorrow to begin treatment. I hope she gets more out of her left side.

Basketball is nearly at an end. Season play has finished up and now Maddee and Kaelee are participating in a month long camp that is 3 days a week. They are both good little players. Softball season has begun. Jalynn made the high school team and this is their first week of play. She is playing JV and has done quite well. I am proud of her, she works super hard. The other girls will start ball in about a month as will Dylan. I love Spring sports and spending the time outside.

No comments: